Tabriz Electric Power Distribution Company was registered in Tabriz Companies Registration Office on 1996 / 4/ 5 under number 7694 and is responsible for distributing electricity in Tabriz and its suburbs and the cities of Oskoo, Azarshahr, Khosroshahr, Sahand, Ilkhichi, Gogan and Mamagan,.
The geographic area covered by this company is an area of about 4770 Km2 with a population more than 1,650,000 people. Tabriz is the most populous city in northwestern Iran, one of the historical capitals of Iran and the present capital of East Azarbaijan Province. Tabriz is known as the largest economic hub and metropolitan area in Northwest Iran.
The power distribution is considered as the final stage of power systems that carries electricity from the transmission system to individual costumers. The main mission of the Tabriz Electric power distribution is to provide services for supplying the reliable and standard electricity to the customers in the way that attracts their satisfaction and trust.
The activities of Tabriz Electric Power Distribution Co are summarized as follow:
· Creating, developing and optimizing power distribution networks
· Utilization and maintaining the power distribution networks
· Monitoring and supervising to the distribution of electricity
· Providing electricity related services to the customers
· Buying and selling the electric power